NAHF Membership Information/Benefits
NAHF Annual Meeting Member Discount
- Annual Meeting held at various locations across America
- Purpose of the Meeting is
- To facilitate networking among States
- To enhance the capacity of Governor's Councils and Community Coalitions to fulfill their missions
- To identify issues/actions that NAHF and its partners can address collectively
Networking / Partnerships / Advocacy
- Regional meetings with member States and National organizations including the President's Council, CDC, NCPPA, Health Promotion Advocates, American College of Sports Medicine.
Media / Public Relations Support
- Raising awareness of the accomplishments and innovative work being done with our member States and organizations.
National Gold Star Awards Program
- An awards program recognizing outstanding State Councils and members who make significant contributions to the advancement and support of health and fitness.
- Interactive Website (upgrading always in the progress), members have access to share activities & events occurring in their State or local community. Regular members only communicationson relevant National, Statewide and local news.
Employee Health and Fitness Month (May)
- Formerly National Employee Health & Fitness Day, Employee Health & Fitness Month has been extended to a month-long initiative in an effort to generate sustainability for a healthy lifestyle and initiate healthy activities on an ongoing basis.
- Employee Health & Fitness Month (EHFM) is an international and national observance of health and fitness in the workplace, created by two non-profit organizations, the National Association for Health and Fitness and ACTIVE Life. The goal of EHFM is to promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle to employers and their employees through worksite health promotion activities and environments.
Consulting / Technical Support
- NAHF, through its national office, Board and members, is available to provide existing or emerging Governors' Councils or community Coalitions with technical expertise in these areas
- Creating Healthy Communities
- Organization Development
- Capacity Building
- Media Relations
- Programming Interventions
- Sustainability/Resource Development
National Physical Activity Plan : www.physicalactivityplan.org
- NAHF and its members are actively involved in implementing and supporting the National Physical Activity Plan. Check out their website to learn more!
NAHF Membership Options
Governors' Councils & State Coalitions Membership ($175)
Open only to Governors' Councils and State wide Coalitions
Corporate / Business Membership ($140)
Open to private sector organizations
Non-Profit / Public Sector Membership ($100)
Open to Non-Profit and/or Public Sector organizations
Individual Membership ($50)
Open to persons interested in promoting health & physical activity
Please download our membership brochure to mail in your registration, or contact Diane Hart, President and Executive Director of NAHF, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-456-1058.