NAHF Membership Information/Benefits
NAHF Annual Meeting Member Discount
- Annual Meeting held at various locations across America
- Purpose of the Meeting is
- To facilitate networking among States
- To enhance the capacity of Governor's Councils and Community Coalitions to fulfill their missions
- To identify issues/actions that NAHF and its partners can address collectively
Networking / Partnerships / Advocacy
- Regional meetings with member States and National organizations including the President's Council, CDC, NCPPA, Health Promotion Advocates, American College of Sports Medicine and the American Council for Fitness and Nutrition.
Media / Public Relations Support
- Raising awareness of the accomplishments and innovative work being done with our member States and organizations.
National Gold Star Awards Program
- An awards program recognizing outstanding State Councils and members who make significant contributions to the advancement and support of health and fitness.
- Interactive Website (upgrading always in the progress), members have access to share activities & events occurring in their State or local community. Regular members only communicationson relevant National, Statewide and local news.
Employee Health and Fitness Month (May)
- Formerly National Employee Health & Fitness Day, Employee Health & Fitness Month has been extended to a month-long initiative in an effort to generate sustainability for a healthy lifestyle and initiate healthy activities on an ongoing basis.
- Employee Health & Fitness Month (EHFM) is an international and national observance of health and fitness in the workplace, created by two non-profit organizations, the National Association for Health and Fitness and ACTIVE Life. The goal of EHFM is to promote the benefits of a healthy lifestyle to employers and their employees through worksite health promotion activities and environments.
Consulting / Technical Support
- NAHF, through its national office, Board and members, is available to provide existing or emerging Governors' Councils or community Coalitions with technical expertise in these areas
- Creating Healthy Communities
- Organization Development
- Capacity Building
- Media Relations
- Programming Interventions
- Sustainability/Resource Development
National Physical Activity Plan : www.physicalactivityplan.org
- NAHF and its members are actively involved in implementing and supporting the National Physical Activity Plan. Check out their website to learn more!
NAHF Membership Options
Governors' Councils & State Coalitions Membership ($175 or FREE)
Open only to Governors' Councils and State wide Coalitions
Corporate / Business Membership ($140)
Open to private sector organizations
Non-Profit / Public Sector Membership ($100)
Open to Non-Profit and/or Public Sector organizations
Individual Membership ($50)
Open to persons interested in promoting health & physical activity
Member Registration / Renewal Available Online, please visit www.physicalfitness.org